With so much going on in the world right now, yet nothing much happening considering our lockdown state… I’ve somehow lost my motivation to write. I try to he positive and active, but whenever I’m sitting to write something, my mind deviates onto some other adventure, and I for awayyyyyy🤷♀️
So, today with a new bout of energy I’ve decided to tame my wandering mind and get back to writing!
I start with something small and easy, so that once I’m in the water, got my self wet, I can go with the flow😅
As I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts… Everyone in my household loves prawns! Any sort of preparation is welcome. Though it takes so looooong to devein and clean, the final result makes the journey worthwhile!
The other day I thought of serving rice with daal (lentil curry) and fried prawns. But the chef in me decided to experiment at the last moment and here we go, we have the PRAWN MASALA my style!!!
- Prawns (deveined and cleaned)
- Bell pepper
- Ginger (finely chopped)
- Onion (chopped)
- Green chilly(chopped)
- Tomatoes (chopped)
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
- Clean the prawns, sprinkle turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder and rub in the spices. Now the prawns are ready to be fried.
- Take a open skillet, once hot add enough oil to fry the prawns. We might have to add more oil during the frying process.
- The prawns are fried for about 4-5 mins on each side.
- While the frying is on we get our vegetables ready
- Add the spices and mix them all together
- Once the prawns are fried from both the sides, we lay the spice mixed vegetables on the prawns and cover the pan.
- The mixture of vegetable leaves enough water to them all cooked together.
- This is supposed to be a dish mostly on the dry side (no curry) so adding water is not necessary. And adding water may take away the charm and taste from the simple dish!
- Cook covered for 7-10 mins, and the dish is ready to be enjoyed!!!
- This can be enjoyed equally with rice, rotis(flatbread), parathas or put in inside a burger 😁and enjoy!!!
I hope you all like this easy preparation. See you all soon. Till then stay Home, stay Safe 🙏